Tuesday 15 December 2020

Day Seven



Since I’d made up a decent quantity of thin polyurethane gloss, I decided it would keep, at least for the period of the build. That meant there was plenty ready for the next thin gloss coat. 


Technically, because of my mistake on Day Six, the front of the guitar has one fewer proper coats of thin gloss but I’ve decided to continue applying the thin layers to the whole of the instrument in each coat. If I feel the front looks distinctly different to the back after the thin coats I’ll either give the front alone an extra coat od the thin mixture or maybe step up the polyurethane in the mix before giving the final coats at ‘full’ 4:1 gloss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 12 Plus

 Day Twelve Plus Following some advice I received on an internet group of guitar builders, I’ve given the body – front, back and sides – thr...